What you’ll learn
- Learn ballet fundamentals, such as body alignment, feet and head positions and the principles of key ballet movements.
- Learn ballet terminology such as feet positions, arm positions, names of the technical steps
- Understand the nuances of counting in ballet class
- Hear some examples of ballet music and understand their differences
- Practice all ballet technical steps at the barre
- Improve your balance and posture
- Get in shape
- Feel more confidant with your body
- Improve your coordination
- Feel confident to attend an open ballet class and be able to follow with ease.
Who this class is for?
Adults or kids, guys and girls, interested in the skill of Karate, wants to get FiT, and Boss their life to the next level. From beginner level to expert, we customize each class to the individual and work with you to constantly improve along the way in a safe, and supportive environment. Lets get on this journey together.
- A pair of socks
The history of ballet can be traced to the year 1500 in Italy. Terms like “ballet” and “ball” stem from the Italian word “ballare,” which means “to dance.” This was taken further from the Greek “ballizo” which means “to dance, to jump about”. Catherine de Medici of Italy married the French King Henry and introduced early dance styles into court life in France. Spreading from France, it later became very popular in Russia and has boomed in popularity worldwide as a beautiful dance art form.
Ballet as a practice is an artistic dance form performed to music, using precise and highly formalized set steps and gestures. Classical ballet, which originated in Renaissance Italy and established its present form during the 19th century, is characterized by light, graceful movements. Today it can be used as a way of expression, of enhancing health, connecting to the music, and as a skill which transfers across many areas of life.
Get started on Ballet with our expert ballet instructors and let them guide the way to dancing your way to the best you. Let your creativity shine, get fast on the feet, flexible in the body, and let your Fit Boss guide you to reaching new personal levels. Dance your way to the top! If you want to set up a Ballet dance crew with your friends then we are here to help you all along the way.
P.S Many boxers use ballet as a way to improve their footwork and thus enhance their potential of beating an opponent. Classes available for guys and girls, in groups or one to one, either way, we are here for you to get your journey underway to reaching your best self. Available for all.