Who this class is for:
- People new to yoga
- People wanting to take an in depth look and understanding of many asana (poses) and sequences commonly found in Hatha yoga classes
- People wanting to develop a daily yoga practice
- People wanting a gentle yet powerful yoga program
- Individuals looking to get FiT through Yoga
- Guys and girls, kids or adults looking to learn yoga
What you’ll learn
- Many of the common poses and sequences found in Hatha Yoga
- A powerful Hatha Yoga sequence to practice yoga at home
- Useful alignment cues to help you execute the poses in the best way for you
- A daily practice to help you relax and re-charge
- Yoga Mat
- Any open area (including home, garden, beach, office, park, etc)
- Willingness to learn and improve yoga skills
Hatha yoga has been practiced for 1000’s of years, as a way for people to reach their highest potential through body and mind integrating exercises. Today it is one of the most popular yoga forms practiced worldwide, due to its ability to be practiced by beginners to advanced yogis alike. Due to its slower nature, and focus on individual postures (asanas) it allows for people to really focus on each individual move, to attain a feeling of ‘yoga’ through these more static positions.
The word “ha” means sun, “ta” means moon. “Hatha” means the Yoga to bring balance between the sun and the moon in you. Hatha Yoga is about exploring ways that will take you beyond your certain perceived limitations, but in essence, it is a physical preparation – preparing the body for higher possibilities.
Hatha Yoga, also means “The yoga of force”, where it is about attaining this ‘yoga’ state through force or direct, purposeful movements or actions. These can include all of the following, making Hatha a great way to be introduced to various gateways and paths of yoga.
A typical Hatha Yoga class can include the following:
- Asana – Yoga Postures
- Pranayama – Breathing Techniques
- Mantra – Chanting or Reciting
- Mudra – Hand Gestures
- Shatkriyas – Cleansing Techniques
At Fit Boss, our yoga instructors are all fully certified in order to bring you the best teaching available for your practice. Whether you are new to yoga or coming back for more, our Hatha Yoga classes can be done through one to one training to deepen your personal practice, or create your own group class for a fun, exciting, informative class you can do with friends.
We are here for you every step of the way to help attain the new YOU2.0 with enhanced living through mind, body and soul practices all developed to bring a more skilled, happy, and FIT you.
Join our Hatha Yoga class today with one of our awesome yoga teachers to take your life to the next level!