Who this class is for:
- People looking to learn Iyengar Yoga
- New to advanced yogis looking to start or deepen their practice
- People wanting to take an in depth look and understanding of many asana (poses) and sequences commonly found in Iyengar Yoga classes
- Increase flexibility, strength and mindfulness
- A practice designed for everybody no matter age, or level of fitness
What you’ll learn
- Many of the common poses and sequences found in Iyengar Yoga
- Various sequences to practice Iyengar Yoga at home and in your own time!
- Useful alignment cues to help you execute the poses in the best way for you
- Learn to connect breathe and flow with each movement
- Yoga Mat
- Any open area (including home, beach, office, park, etc)
- Willingness to learn and improve yoga skills
Iyengar Yoga is a yoga designed for everybody no matter their age, or physical fitness level. It is known for its focus on exact sequences, proper timing, and the use of props to get into and make positions more accessible for any skill level.
Iyengar Yoga was created over 75 years ago by BKS Iyengar and is based on the traditional eight limbs of yoga. It is particularly known for the use of props as Iyengar used to use bricks, sand bags, and other items to help students experience the full range of motion in asanas. Iyengar focuses on three main aspects alignement, sequence, and timing. Alignment of the body, sequence and order of postures, and timing where asanas are tend to be held for longer periods of time in comparison with some other yoga types.
Expect detailed instructions from your teacher, as well as performing of various postures in order to deepen the knowledge and practice for the student.
Benefits of Iyengar Yoga:
Improved physical health
Higher Energy Levels
Better posture and increased mobility
Book now for your own one to one personal training or small group class in Iyengar Yoga. Our teachers are the best in the business allowing you to practice in your own time, in a place you feel comfortable. Whether at home, at a beach or park we take our trainings to you. Lets get FiT, together.