What you’ll learn
- Based on skill level, we will take you through the various forms, stances, punches, and kicks based on the martial art of Karate
- Gain physical stamina, flexibility and strength
- Get Inner Confidence to defeat an opponent and remain calm in situations
- Learn exercises to accomplish various technical moves
- Achieve various striking techniques, throws and locks to down an opponent
- Breathing techniques for enhanced performance
- Any open area (including home, beach, office, park, etc)
- Willingness to learn and improve fighting skills
Who this class is for?
This class is for anyone interested in the skill of Karate, wants to get FiT, and Boss their life to the next level. From beginner level to expert, we customize each class to the individual and work with you to constantly improve along the way in a safe, and supportive environment. Lets get on this journey together.
Karate is a type of Japanese martial art, which originated in Okinawa. The word karate in Japanese means ’empty hand’. We can trace the origin of karate back to 17th century, where a ban on weapons was imposed by the samurai rulers of Japan. Not having any physical weapons to fight with, they turned their bodies into weapons utilizing their full body to take down an opponent.
Karate is a striking art using punching, kicking, knee strikes, elbow strikes and open hand techniques such as knife hands, spear hands, and palm heel strikes. Also they include grappling, throws, joint locks, restraints and vital point strikes for a full encompassing practice that will leave you coming back for more and more. A karate practitioner is called a karateka.
Let our Fit Boss Karate pros show you the ways of Karate, and be your own personal Mr. Miyagi. As you “Wash on, wash off” your way through the various techniques, and forms to improve not only your health and physicality but have massive benefits to your inner self, fighting acumen, and inner confidence.