Who this class is for:
- People looking to learn Kundalini Yoga
- New to advanced yogis looking to start or deepen their practice
- People wanting to take an in depth look and understanding of many asana (poses) and sequences commonly found in Kundalini classes
- Increase flexibility, strength and mindfulness
- A more spiritual practice
What you’ll learn
- Many of the common poses and sequences found in Kundalini Yoga
- Various sequences to practice Kundalini Yoga at home and in your own time!
- Useful alignment cues to help you execute the poses in the best way for you
- Learn to connect breathe and flow with each movement
- Spiritual elements including meditation, chants and even singing
- Yoga Mat
- Any open area (including home, beach, office, park, etc)
- Willingness to learn and improve yoga skills
Kundalini Yoga has become a favourite amongst celebrities in recent years with famous people such as Russel Brand and Gisele Bundchen taking part. The focus of this ancient form of Yoga is on breathe, asanas (physical postures), as well as chanting, meditation, as well as singing practices in order to reach an enhanced spiritual state. Kundalini Yoga used to be taught only to royalty and nobility as it was kept secret for thousands of years, however only till recently has it come to light in the west and become a popular form of Yoga.
Kundalini is derived from the Sanskrit word “Kundal” which means in turn coiled energy. This coiled energy begins at the spine where we are said to have a lot of energy gathered, which we then try to flow throughout the body, through the chakras, and eventually into and out of the crown of the head.
Is it about freeing up your vital energy, making you feel refreshed, shedding unwanted or bad energy, and giving you increased energy, connection and self awareness. Mind Body connection is everything with Kundalini Yoga, getting to a state where you silence your mind and unblock your chakras so your energy can flow freely.
It is a combination of challenging breathe exercises, with various yoga positions, and meditation. A class is typically comprised of 3 parts – An opening chant, followed by a spine warm up, a sequence (or kriya) of moves paired with breathing, and then a closing meditation or song.
Health benefits include:
Builds Strength – Expect longer holds with Kundalini Yoga making it a great way to strengthen and tone
Mood Improvement – Yoga is a natural mood enhancer, and has been shown to increase serotonin levels naturally
Lowered Blood Pressure and Heart rate
If you are interested in Kundalini Yoga then book a class with us today. Available for one to one personal training as well as small group bookings in order for you to practice with family and friends. Lets create a fun environment to learn, grow and reach our best selves across all aspects of life. Lets get FiT. Together.