Who this class is for:
- People new to yoga as well as more advanced practictioners
- People wanting to take an in depth look and understanding of many asana (poses) and sequences commonly found in Yin Yoga classes
- People wanting to develop a daily Yin Yoga practice
- People wanting a gentle yet powerful yoga program
- Guys and girls, kids or adults looking to learn yoga
What you’ll learn
- Many of the common poses and sequences found in Yin Yoga
- Gentle but powerful sequences to practice yoga at home
- Useful alignment cues to help you execute the poses in the best way for you
- A daily practice to help you relax and re-charge
- Yoga Mat
- Any open area (including home, garden, beach, office, park, etc)
- Willingness to learn and improve yoga skills
Yin Yoga provides an alternative to the usual, more intense, fast, muscle provoking yoga that is commonly practiced in many studios across the world (such as Vinyasa, and Ashtanga). Often forgot about is the importance of its equal opposite, Yin Yoga.
Yin Yoga opposes the usual “Yang” side through targeting not significantly your muscles, but instead your deep connective tissues, such as ligaments, joints, and bones! Super important to keep healthy whether you are an athlete, had an injury, or needing some much needed slow movement to reawake the body. It is a much slower, and meditative form of yoga. Because you tend to be in positions longer it allows for you to gain a deep connection to breathe, as well as stretch and lengthen those muscles and tissues. By going deep into poses it allows to unlock any blockages and creating smooth energy flow throughout the body.
Key Benefits of Yin Yoga:
Lengthens connective tissues
Book now and receive the benefits of a sustained Yin Yoga practice. Our Fit Boss Yoga team is ready to help whether its a one to one session or a group yin yoga practice you are looking to set up.
Lets get flowing, together!